We are growing and are seeking a skilled Washer and Grinder to join our QCI Cambridge team on the afternoon shift!
At Steelcraft, it begins with people. Since our business was established nearly 100 years ago, developing our people has been a core function and commitment of our business. Our culture is built on safety, integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers. We offer our people a commitment to quality and continuous improvement, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas.
We are looking for a skilled Washer/Grinder to join our QCI Cambridge facility on the afternoon shift!
Washer responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Turns machines on, tests solutions (may add water or soap) and logs into computer
- Receives and pulls wheeled racks 10’-20’ to wash station
- Uses steam gun to clean the parts as they hang from the racks
- Pushes racks ~ 20’ to ovens and place in ovens for drying (some racks don’t need to be baked and take them directly to paint areas)
- Repeats wash process with another rack while 1st rack parts are drying
Grinder responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The cabs come in on their side and are delivered by tow motor. The worker cleans from bottom to top. Lead Hand helps put on fixture to flip and put on a stand once the bottom is completed. The worker takes the fixture off stand to do the top of the cab.
- Inspects equipment for cleanliness and damage
- Establishes work procedure (Class A entire surface as described below; Class B and Class C are subcomponents of Class A
- Class A Procedure: tools require power grips and vibration is present with most tools to varying degrees
- Sanding surface using hand sander (4 lb) to remove all splatter, sharp edged or blurring and heat marks
- Use hand held wire wheel (5-9 lb) to smoothen surface by removing sharp edges and excessive burns
- Use hand held needle gun (5.5 lb) to remove weld splatter
- Use hand held vibrator (4.5 lb) to buff surface
- Apply putty bondo by hand using plastic putty applicator; while putty is hardening use an oscillator to remove access putty
- May use hand held vibrator again to buff surface
- Ensure all parts meet customer specifications
- Upon completion of assigned work ensure adequate clean up and inspection of all parts & sub-components prior to wash as required.
- Perform other duties as defined and assigned by department supervisor, or lead hand.
- Work independently or as a team member.
- Work in a safe manner by following all Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Comply and perform all duties with the organizational set of standards.
- Initiate and continually strive for maximum production efficiency and attention to detail.
- Maintain a clean and organized working area.
Your Skill Set
- Grade Twelve education or equivalent.
- Grinding ability must meet accurate and detailed work requirements and guidelines.
- Forklift Training / Crane Training and experience with other lifting equipment.
- Ability to operate grinding equipment,
- Excellent communication skills verbal, and written.
- Health Benefits
- RRSP Program
- Shift Premium
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steelcraft Technologies Inc. is located in Cambridge, Ontario. The City of Cambridgeis a thriving, cosmopolitan located in southwestern Ontario. Cambridge is united by its heritage, rivers, cultures and common future.
Why Should You Apply?
- We value workplace health and safety
- Company culture of learning and development
- Health and RRSP Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
We Want to Hear From You!
If our Washer/Grinder position sounds like a great opportunity and you possess the skillset we are looking for please submit your resume to this ad.
We look forward to working with you!
We appreciate your interest in Steelcraft but only those who possess the skillset we are seeking will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.