Brake Press Operator, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for a Brake Press Operator to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a candidate who is mechanically inclined and enjoys hands-on work. The candidate should have past experience in a manufacturing environment and be physically fit, capable of lifting loads up to 50 lbs, and capable of working in awkward positions. At a minimum, you have a grade twelve education or equivalent, with basic reading, writing, and some advanced mathematics skills. You have the ability to read and interpret blueprints and have 2 years of experience as a Brake Press Operator.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- You will ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- You will select the program that corresponds with the part number.
- You will select the specified dies that are listed on the traveller.
- You will ensure WIP tags and updated traveller move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- You will perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery.
- You will complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- You will communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- You will maintain and secure work tools.
- You will complete ITP paperwork.