Production Supervisor, Full Time
QCI Division - Woodstock
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join our growing business at our QCI Woodstock facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment preferably in a metal fabrication environment,
- A high degree of understanding of manufacturing systems and the ability to lead a diverse group of people
- Min of Grade twelve education, or equivalent business / technical related discipline.
- Excellent people skills in the areas of coaching, mentoring, communications, problem solving and employee relations.
- Ability to drive employee engagement and a team oriented operations focused on goal alignment
- Ability to read and comprehend engineered schematics and detailed blueprints.
- Experience in metal fabricating (welder / fitter, part fabrication)
- Strong experience with Lean Manufacturing principles, concepts and experience
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and use industry related measuring tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO standards.
- Valid First Aid Certificate required / WHMIS training / Confined Space Entry / Forklift License / Overhead Crane Training Certificate.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements including but not limited to the OHS &A, ESA 2000, and other regulations as required.
- Computer knowledge (MS Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Windows)
- Other personal qualities:
- Leadership – cultivator- builder of people. Lead vs Manage– Understand your audience, Driving organizational capability – Build Relationships (seek and engage) – collaboration / effectively delegate
- Passionate / Results Driven / Self Initiative / confident / Resilient
- Articulate – negotiate / influence – Balance customer needs vs business needs, Understand customer requirements and our operational capability, Business Savvy / effective Decision making – Discipline mindset
- Creativity / Innovation / adaptive to change / embraces technology
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Lead people by providing clear direction on priorities and performance expectations.
- Coordinate various departmental activities to ensure quality standards are met to Customer specifications and production timelines.
- Train or oversee training of employees in the use of equipment or production techniques.
- Conduct interviews, employee performance appraisals and associated skills matrix, and orientation procedures as required through out the shop floor and coordinate with functional groups as required to provide a holistic of the persons performance.
- Active participation in hiring, promotions, and discipline process.
- Supervision of employee scheduling to include: work assignments / rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, shift rotations and coordination of work activities with other departments.
- Direct and guide employees in the development of a conducive environment: to ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act & Policies and foster a team oriented atmosphere. (Any Health & Safety issues brought to the supervisor attention must be addressed promptly).
- Assist employees to resolve complex operational problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality (including continuous improvement).
- Work in conjunction with QA to ensure QA standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Coach and mentor employees in accordance with organizational policies and procedures (ISO standards).
- Prepare production and other related reports/metrics.
- Update job descriptions regularly and alignment with the skills matrix.
- Answer employee questions relating to pay, vacations, or benefits or direct to Human Resources.
- Review and assist engineering during the estimating and design process.
- Review and approve daily Time and Attendance system. (currently Mitrefinch).
- Support continuous improvement initiatives including activities related to: On Time Delivery, Lean Manufacturing, Health & Safety, Employee Performance, Quality, Overtime and house Keeping (5S) throughout facility.