At Steelcraft, it begins with people. Since our business was established nearly 100 years ago, developing our people has been a core function and commitment of our business. Our culture is built on safety, integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers. We offer our people a commitment to quality and continuous improvement, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas.
The position is primarily responsible for the completion of work activities including performing all time and attendance submissions for all assigned departments (as required) to ensure that employees are paid correctly and on time. Act as a liaison between the business units and Corporate Payroll.
- Time & Attendance Administration – Enters paid and unpaid time off, updates employee schedules and maintains attendance in T&A system. Ensures all Time & Attendance submissions are processed accurately and within service levels, with this role having sole responsibility to make accurate corrections to the database.
- Inputs time adjustments provided by management into the T&A system to correct punch errors and missed punches
- Works queue to ensure movement of submissions through processes and that submissions are closed out promptly when edits are completed. Inform Manager of outstanding workload and any risks of missing processing deadlines or payroll errors.
- Monitor and maintain open tickets by assessing activities required to ensure timely resolution
- Answers routine time and attendance questions for managers and employees
- Maintains time and attendance records electronically
- Ensures compliance with all Time and Attendance SOP’s and HR Policies
- Provides time and attendance training to new and existing management
- Collaborates with counterparts, Corporate Payroll, HR, to ensure issues are escalated when warranted, trends are communicated, and best practices are reviewed for relevance
- Provide immediate solutions or ensure timely escalation to the appropriate departments, seeking approval if outside of guidelines
- Utilize expertise to drill down for problem determination and carry out necessary analysis to determine corrective course of action or solution
- Execute queries and audits and perform necessary actions to update and ensure integrity to Time and Attendance data
- Runs ad-hoc reports and genies in support of projects and special requests
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two years’ Time and Attendance related work experience
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Outlook, Word
- Payroll or HR background preferred
- Previous experience with T&A systems preferred with an understanding and ability to navigate and troubleshoot technology in order to problem solve and find solutions
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to foster teamwork, innovation and motivation among co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking skills, including the ability to think analytically and creatively, strategically, under pressure, to solve problems
- Experience providing customer service (e.g. handling difficult customers) with proven ability to be sensitive to each customer and apply strict confidentiality
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written and listening
- Proven flexibility to handle workload changes as they occur, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting or exceeding established deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including proven ability to interact with all levels, both within and outside of organization
- Ability to work in fast paced, confidential, time sensitive environment and have excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations professionally and sensitively
- Health Benefits
- RRSP Program
- Shift Premium
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steelcraft Technologies Inc. is located in Cambridge, Ontario. The City of Cambridge is a thriving, cosmopolitan located in southwestern Ontario. Cambridge is united by its heritage, rivers, cultures and common future.
Why Should You Apply?
- We value workplace health and safety
- Company culture of learning and development
- Health and RRSP Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
We Want to Hear From You!
If our Time and Attendance Administrator position sounds like a great opportunity and you possess the skillset we are looking for please submit your resume to this ad.
We look forward to working with you!
We appreciate your interest in Steelcraft but only those who possess the skillset we are seeking will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.