Who We Are
Since 1923, Steelcraft has crafted a culture of service and excellence within its business that has enabled the company to partner with its customers to serve today’s highly complex and demanding global manufacturing marketplace.
Steelcraft’s QCI business combines imagination with engineering discipline to deliver high quality, heavy machined fabrications and sheet metal components for the heavy equipment manufacturing market, serving a diverse number of global brands. Our culture of service, desire for excellence and reputation for quality is unmatched in the industry today. we strive to exceed our customers' expectations by always keeping in mind our three main objectives; Quality, Cost, Delivery.
We are proud to employ some of the most creative minds at work, and our team members are fueled by our commitment to quality. Whether it is engineering new manufacturing techniques, creating innovative products, or designing a faster delivery process, our people are fully committed to continuous improvement and work in collaboration with our customers to make projects happen.
What We Offer
We offer a culture that is built on quality, safety & integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers.
Developing our employees has been a core function and commitment of our business; we strongly support the personal development and growth of everyone within our organization.
Decision-making, creative thinking, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas is encouraged deep within our business divisions.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health and RRSP Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, and Vehicle/Travel Allowances.
Come be part of a winning team !
We are looking for a Shipper/Receiver who will be responsible for Shipping goods and keeping pertinent records. Compiles quantity and identification numbers of goods against orders to ensure accuracy. Prepares goods for shipments by outside carriers. Prepares bills of lading by computer or by hand. Contact and communicate requirements to appropriate logistics company to arrange for shipment.
Receives goods and keeps pertinent records. Compares quality, quantity, and identification numbers of goods received against orders and initiates non conformance/discrepancy report/documentation. Enters goods received into inventory and distributes goods according to established procedures.
- Load trailers for immediate and upcoming shipments.
- Prepare and ship courier and transport shipments on a daily basis.
- Assist in preparation of customs documentation as required.
- Service and assist in-house customers in a professional manner.
- Assist in material handling as required.
- Watch for and report machinery that is in need of service and repair.
- Occasionally deliver or pick-up small items locally.
- Assist production as required.
- Responsible to gas-up shop vehicles.
- Receive and place materials into their specified locations, verify and maintain documentation for materials.
- Unload trucks with forklifts, etc.
- Take stock checks pertaining to receiving department.
- Organize and keep up the coverall and material systems.
- Issue shop tools.
- Maintains obsolete inventory items in co-ordination with Materials Manager.
- Sidewalk maintenance (shovels and salt front sidewalk when necessary.)
- Work in accordance with safety procedures.
- Maintains job rack, yard storage items for job items.
- Liaison with purchasing, quality control, and appropriate departments to ensure communications on shipments.
- Receive returned goods as per instructions on the Returned Goods Form.
- Will be required to perform other operations and duties as defined and assigned.
- Must maintain clean and safe work area.
- All duties to be performed to company standards, efficiently and proficiently, while continually striving for maximum efficiencies.
- Grade twelve or equivalent
- Knowledge and training in hazardous goods and trucking regulations
- Computer skills in (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visual Production Management system)
- First Aid Training.
- Quality Assurance Courses industry related.
- Fork lift and crane training
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable quality standards
- Health Benefits
- RSP Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Steelcraft Inc. is located in Stratford, Ontario. Known for its friendliness and numerous events, Stratford makes residents and newcomers feel welcome and an integral part of community life.
Why Should You Apply?
- We value workplace health and safety
- Company culture of learning and development
- Health and RRSP Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
We Want to Hear From You!
If our Shipping/Receiving position sounds like a great opportunity and you possess the skillset we are looking for please e-mail us your resume stating job title and location in the subject line.
We look forward to working with you!
We appreciate your interest in Steelcraft but only those who possess the skillset we are seeking will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.