Estimator - Fabrications, Full Time
Engineered Products Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for a Estimator - Fabrications to join our growing business on the day shift at our EP Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
We are looking for an Estimator - Fabrications who will be responsible for Preparing estimates of parts and assemblies including material, labour and subcontracting of Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, Autoclaves, mixing systems and various custom fabrications.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Work with sales, engineering and customers to develop mechanical designs to properly estimate the component and to finalize and submit quotations to customers
- Translate customer requirements into technical proposals and apply ASME knowledge in sizing components
- Develop manufacturing process steps and estimated labour run times
- Time studies to prove out accurate estimating table
- Compile quotations using supplied material costing and pricing from vendors
- Participate in establishing selling prices and policies to support the business plan and a high level of corporate profit.
- Work with the business team to develop the most cost-effective product in the industry.
- Maintain a high level of service to internal and external clients
- Maintain support relationships with business teams.
- Produce contract sheets based on estimate and actual vendor prices
- Advise on methods and processes used in the pre-production meetings
- Search out vendors and subcontractors
- Work with Engineering as required, particularly on projects requiring more intricate calculations
- Re-costing to verify project profit information
- Identify risks associated with projects.