Utility Operator, Full Time
QCI - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for two Utility Operators to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
We are looking for a Utility Operator who will be responsible to bevel various gauges of material as per the part specific blueprint, to deburr all metal parts produced from the burn tables, to move parts within the work area, and to perform cleaning and Leak Testing of assemblies as per customer specifications. Work must be carried out safely, in a timely manner, using appropriate tools, meeting production standards and required Quality Assurance specifications.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- Verify material and saw set up correspond with drawing requirements.
- Ensure WIP tags and updated traveler move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- Start up and shut down of cutting torches.
- Inspect and deburr all manufactured production parts after they come off the Plasma, Burn, and Gas tables.
- Cut, grind, or chip excessive metal from the manufactured product using various hand tools provided.
- Transport raw materials & finished metal products safely by using manual hoists and other devices provided.
- Complete required paperwork, including ITP paperwork, daily maintenance and repair logs
- Select appropriate tooling for job requirements.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery
- Communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Follow all lock out procedures when doing repairs, and adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.