Blaster/Painter, Full Time
QCI Division - Woodstock
We have an exciting opportunity for a Blaster/Painter to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Woodstock facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a candidate to prepare metal surfaces by removing imperfections, mill scale and rust by means of sand blasting. Prep all surfaces to meet Quality Standards in order to proceed to next stage or process. Prep and apply paint according to customer specs.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Sand blast the surface of the steel to meet desired Customer and Quality Standards
- Scuff / rough surface of steel in order to promote a good base for paint to adhere.
- Plug all thread holes and machine surfaces that do not require paint.
- Vacuum or use compressed air to ensure sand and grit particles are removed from metal surface before painting procedure begins.
- Follow all Occupational Health & Safety Rules and Regulations and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a constant awareness of sand and inventory supply.
- Inform Lead hand or Supervisor on the status of inventory so it may be replenished.
- Meet daily production demands.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Daily cleaning of all tools is required.
- Prep material for painting.
- Mix paint according to supplier specs.
- Apply paint to customer specs.
- Operate drying oven to cure paint if required.