Quality Inspector, Full Time
QCI Division - Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Cambridge facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for Quality Inspector for our Cambridge, ON facility. This role will be a primary point of contact for all quality-related activities, partnering with both internal and external customers. The successful candidate must have previous experience in a welding and/or paint manufacturing environment
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Perform In process and final inspections of manufactured products and assemblies to customer and internal requirements
- Assist with PPAP process on Customer products
- Verify FAI approvals of Supplied products
- Investigates Customer defects and reports back to the Customer and internal groups
- Familiar with identifying all welding defects and their root causes
- Works with other Quality departments to ensure processes and documents are maintained
- Confirms acceptance of received piece parts and weldments of both in-process and final assemblies
- Ensures all Material Test Reports are correct and listed in appropriate folders
- Maintains documents as per record retention policies
- Prioritizes daily production issues to prevent increased cost or production loss
- Performs Calibration of all measurement devices and equipment as required
- Scrap parts when required and adjust inventory within Visual system
- Maintains MTR traceability on production components
- Champions NCR root cause analysis at the shop floor on Internal and External production issues
- Supports other areas of Quality when workload requires help or assistance
- Provides back-up to Quality employees when on vacation or ap-proved leave
- Abide by all Health & Safety Regulations, and Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures - Controls inventory