Brake Press Operator, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for two Brake Press Operators to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Brake Press Operator who will be responsible for the safe operation of the brake presses for forming various still gauges and material as per the part specific drawing.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- Select program that corresponds with the part number.
- Set up tooling
- Using the appropriate gauge metal required for the job, form the product according to the directives.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of the fabrication sequence being preformed and the steps involved in the process to completion.
- Select the specified dies that are listed on the traveller.
- Ensure WIP tags and updated traveller move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs
- Communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & safety Regulations and Organizational Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Follow all lock out procedures when doing repairs, and adjustments.
- Completion of ITP paperwork.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.