Machine Operator, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for a Machine Operator to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Machine Operator who will be responsible to set up, operate and monitor various machinery, as applicable, including CNC Plasma / Laser / Gas Cutting Table Operator. The incumbent checks parts for correct size, dimensions and other specifications, and may select and transport material to work area using overhead crane or tow motor. The machine operator will also be required to perform tasks such as beveling and deburring while the table is operating. The incumbent will use a variety of measuring equipment to ensure tolerances are maintained. Work must be carried out safely, in a timely manner, using appropriate tools, meeting production standards and required Quality Assurance specifications.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- Review work orders for specifications, verify materials, and ensure machine (shears, saws, CNC Plasma or Laser Cutting Machine with pre-existing programs) set up corresponds with drawing requirements
- Transport metal sheets to work station using overhead crane or tow motor
- Operate machines as required, maintaining awareness and understanding of the fabrication sequence being performed and the steps involved in the process to completion
- Inspect and deburr parts prior to the next process, as per the traveler.
- Complete paperwork as required, including ITP paperwork, daily maintenance and repair logs
- Ensure WIP tags and updated traveler move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & safety Regulations and Organizational Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Follow all lock out procedures when doing repairs, and adjustments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.