Machinist, Full Time
QCI Division - Woodstock
We have an exciting opportunity for a Machinist to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Woodstock facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our
Dashboard company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
Responsible to set up and machine welded components to customer specifications. Select appropriate tooling to complete task in a timely manner. Able to use a variety of measuring equipment to assure tolerances are held.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- Set up and machine weldments to drawing specifications
- Select appropriate tooling for job requirements.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs
- Communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & safety Regulations and Organizational Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Follow all lock out procedures when doing repairs, and adjustments.
- Completion of ITP paperwork.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.