Estimator, Full Time
QCI Division - Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for a Estimator Operator to join our growing business at our QCI Cambridge facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our
Dashboard company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
This position is responsible for providing estimates / completed packages to the Sales department in a timely manner. Electronic estimates must be accurate and properly consider all design aspects. This position will also be responsible for creating and maintaining up to date computer databases for assisting in design and costing. This position may also be required to assist with production drawings in conjunction with engineering and once business is awarded complete packages will be handed to engineering.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Prepare estimates.
- Based on estimates provided/completed, provide engineering with information for them to create and maintain Engineering Masters.
- Source required material and services in conjunction with purchasing / supply chain.
- Work with shop employees / operations to determine labour cost for custom designs.
- Work in conjunction with Business Development to determine which jobs should be estimated and when (prioritization).
- Assist CAD designers with preparation of sales and shop drawings as required, may also ask engineering to develop drawings for the purposes of doing an estimate.
- Customer contact on technical issues.