Brake Press Operator, Full Time
QCI Division - Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for a Brake Press Operator to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Cambridge facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our
Dashboard company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
As the Brake Press Operator you will be responsible for the safe operation of the brake presses for forming various still gauges and material as per the part specific drawing.
You will select appropriate tooling and use a variety of measuring equipment to assure that tolerances are maintained as per blueprint specifications.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- You will ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- You will select the program that corresponds with the part number.
- You will select the specified dies that are listed on the traveller.
- You will ensure WIP tags and updated traveller move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- You will perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery.
- You will complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- You will communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- You will maintain and secure work tools.
- You will complete ITP paperwork.