Painter, Full Time
QCI Division - Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for a Painter to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Cambridge facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our
Dashboard company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
As the Painter you will clean and paint sub components for heavy O/E trucks used in the mining, forestry and/or agricultural industry.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- You will ensure work procedures are being strictly adhered to
- You will advise the Lead Hand Painter of any and all problems and/or bottlenecks in the process
- You will inspect the equipment for cleanliness and damage
- You will clean, wash, and sand parts to remove corrosion
- You will fill dents and imperfections, or prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective coatings.
- You will select the appropriate paint or mix paints according to a pre-determined formula or customer specifications.
- You will operate a hand held spray gun to spray paint or coat stationary items with a protective coating in spray booth.
- You will ensure that painted surfaces meet Quality Standards, Customer Standards, and Paint Manufacture requirements in order to meet all Warranty Standards.