Welder Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for two Welders to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our
Dashboard company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for skilled Welder-Fitters who are able to weld structural steel and parts as per supplied drawings. Able to weld in all positions, fits and assembles fabrications and parts.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Able to weld with MIG and Stick to required specifications
- Communicate and work with co-workers to develop fixture concepts.
- Perform fitting, welding, grinding duties as required.
- Work independently or as a team member.
- Work from complex drawings; perform all layouts, fitting and assembly of intricate fabrications and parts.
- Ensure all parts are prefabricated correctly to meet customer specifications and fit as required keeping in mind consumables and tolerances.
- Exhibit the knowledge, skills and ability to make weldments with or without prefabricated parts.
- Work in a safe manner by following all Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as defined and assigned by department supervisor, or lead hand.
- Comply and perform all duties with the organizational set of standards.
- Initiate and continually strive for maximum production efficiency and attention to detail.
- Perform layout and fit-up checks.
- Document and complete ITP reports
- Maintain a clean and organized working area.
- Upon completion of assigned work ensure adequate clean up and inspection of all weldments and fabricated parts as required.
- Knowledge of welding process and set-up.
- Blueprint reading and GDT
- WHMIS and MSDS knowledge of all substances