Quality Inspector, Full Time
QCI Division - Woodstock
We have an exciting opportunity for Welder-Fitters to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Woodstock facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Quality Inspector who supports production by working with Steelcraft team members to assure the quality standards of finished goods are met in preparation for shipping to customers. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for connecting with internal teams to ensure the quality of parts in process and finished goods are to specifications.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Inspects welded joints and conducts tests to ensure welds meet company standards, national code requirements, and customer job specifications. (CWB Level 1 or 2 Inspector Certification preferred)
- Perform in process and final inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Review drawing details and ensure that the specifications are understood and translated to the shop floor.
- Assist in training / testing of welders on new and old weld procedures per specific part requirements
- Communicate with all required individuals on quality, welding, and processes issues.
- Participate in the design & validation welding fixtures and jigs to improve efficiency and productivity within the production and fabrication process.
- Responsible for CWB, AWS and audits.
- Carry out receiving inspection on new / problem product and recommend additions and deletions from the receiving inspection list.
- Maintain Material Certs and Traceability records
- Filing, preserving, disposing of various Quality Records.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process including feasibility reviews, designation of KPC’s, KCC’s, dimensional evaluation of parts, compiling PPAP and First Article documentation and submission to customer.
- Interact with customers and suppliers as required to carry out requirements and expectations.
- Participate in customer and internal corrective and preventive actions.
- Coordinate and participate in Gauge Accuracy, Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies.
- Train operators to perform in-process inspections on new parts as required.
- Records inspection and test results and prepares and submits reports to Quality Manager and Plant Manager.
- Collects and report out on key performance indicators including scrap, rework, customer and internal rejections.