Quality Engineer, Full Time
QCI Division - Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for Quality Engineers to join our growing business on the Day shift at our QCI Woodstock facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Quality Engineer who supports production by working with Steelcraft team members to assure the quality standards of finished goods are met in preparation for shipping to customers. The Quality Engineer will be responsible for connecting with internal teams to ensure the quality of parts in process and finished goods are to specifications.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities
- Support all departments in First Article / PPAP data collection and submission, new launch capability studies as well as any additional support as requested.
- Responsible for compiling PPAP and First Article submission documentation on assigned programs.
- Participate in the APQP process
- Participate as required in cross functional team activities.
- Participate or Champion customer, internal, and supplier corrective and preventive actions.
- Carry out receiving inspection on new / problem product rand recommend additions and deletions from the receiving inspection list.
- Filing, preserving, disposing of various Quality Records.
- Coordinate and participate in dimensional evaluation of parts using appropriate gauges and fixtures including SPC studies.
- Coordinate and participate in Gauge Accuracy, Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies.
- Perform process capability and process performance (KCC) studies and data collection. Report results on the appropriate statistical charts.
- Train operators and quality inspectors to perform in-process inspections on new parts as required.
- Carry out dock audits as required.
- Interact with customers and suppliers as required to carry out requirements and expectations.
- Perform daily layered audits.
- Carryout other tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager and Quality Supervisor.
- Support all QCI facilities as required (travel required between plants)
- Maintains the ISO 9000 system
- Participate in Internal Audit process.
- Collects and reports KPI data - All QCI facilities.
- Completes ISO procedure revisions.
- Reviews Internal and External NCRs Arranges NCR follow-up meetings.
- Maintains and reports Rework and Scrap analysis.
- Maintains and organizes calibration of Equipment and Gauges. - All QCI facilities
- Two years’ experience in related quality position.
- ISO-9000 systems experience.
- Welding, machining / fabricating knowledge and experience.
- Experience in problem solving techniques, Quality Systems, APQP, Statistical Methods, Control Plans and PPAP’s.
- Able to work independently.
- Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality systems methods.
- Quality systems procedure development and document control methods.
- Audit report development experience.
- Internal or External auditing experience.
- Electronic data reporting capabilities.
- Experienced with Excel, Word, Power Point and Access.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.