Utility Operator, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for a Utility Operator to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Utility Operator who will be responsible to bevel various gauges of material as per the part specific blueprint, to deburr all metal parts produced from the burn tables, to move parts within the work area, and to perform cleaning and Leak Testing of assemblies as per customer specifications. Work must be carried out safely, in a timely manner, using appropriate tools, meeting production standards and required Quality Assurance specifications.
- Ensure all parts comply with the blueprint specifications and quality standards. Parts that are out of specification or damaged are to be segregated and quality assurance notified for disposition.
- Verify material and saw set up correspond with drawing requirements.
- Ensure WIP tags and updated traveler move to the next operation as per the control of product document.
- Start up and shut down of cutting torches.
- Inspect and deburr all manufactured production parts after they come off the Plasma, Burn, and Gas tables.
- Cut, grind, or chip excessive metal from the manufactured product using various hand tools provided.
- Transport raw materials & finished metal products safely by using manual hoists and other devices provided.
- Complete required paperwork, including ITP paperwork, daily maintenance and repair logs
- Select appropriate tooling for job requirements.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery
- Communicate and assist co-workers, operators, supervisors, and lead hands when required.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Follow all lock out procedures when doing repairs, and adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Your Skills Set
- Grade twelve education or equivalent, with basic reading, writing, and some advanced mathematic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of various industry related hand tools (Grinder, Hammer, Air Chisel, Die Grinder, Plate Clamps)
- Knowledge of torch operation (settings, neutral flame, material thickness)
- Safe experience working with lifting devices (Crane, Lift truck, Magnet and other Lifting devices)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team; must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to frequently lift materials up to 30 lbs.
- WHMIS training.