EP Division, Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for a Estimator to join our growing business.
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
Are you looking for a job you can take pride in and a career you can feel passionate about? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join our growing business at our Stratford EP Division, ON!
Who We Are
Since 1923, Steelcraft has crafted a culture of service and excellence within its business that has enabled the company to partner with its customers to serve today’s highly complex and demanding global manufacturing marketplace.
At Steelcraft, it begins with people. Since our business was established nearly 100 years ago, developing our people has been a core function and commitment of our business. Our culture is built on safety, integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers. We offer our people a commitment to quality and continuous improvement, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas.
What We Offer
We offer a culture that is built on quality, safety & integrity, and a commitment to partnering with our customers.
Developing our employees has been a core function and commitment of our business; we strongly support the personal development and growth of everyone within our organization.
Decision-making, creative thinking, and the opportunity to implement innovative ideas is encouraged deep within our business divisions.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health and RRSP Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, and Vehicle/Travel Allowances.
Come be part of a winning team !
This position is responsible for providing estimates / completed packages to the Sales department in a timely manner. Electronic estimates must be accurate and properly consider all design aspects. This position will also be responsible for creating and maintaining up to date computer databases for assisting in design and costing. This position may also be required to assist with production drawings in conjunction with engineering and once business is awarded complete packages will be handed to engineering.
- Prepare estimates.
- Based on estimates provided/completed, provide engineering with information for them to create and maintain Engineering Masters.
- Source required material and services in conjunction with purchasing / supply chain.
- Work with shop employees / operations to determine labour cost for custom designs.
- Work in conjunction with Business Development to determine which jobs should be estimated and when (prioritization).
- Assist CAD designers with preparation of sales and shop drawings as required, may also ask engineering to develop drawings for the purposes of doing an estimate.
- Customer contact on technical issues.
Your Skills Set
- Engineering technologist diploma or equivalent with a strong background in Math, Physics and Engineering principals (mechanical design) or equivalent work experience in estimating and Metal Fabrication.
- Understanding of machining and fabricating equipment and processes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, good interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of the manufacturing process(s)
- Familiar with Geometric/Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experienced with Microsoft suite of tools (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Familiar with Auto Cad and SolidWorks
- Proven Project Management capabilities / skills to ensure cost / quality and delivery
Why Should You Apply?
- We value workplace health and safety
- Company culture of learning and development
- Health and RRSP Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- We Want to Hear From You!
If our Estimator position sounds like a great opportunity and you possess the skillset we are looking for please e-mail us your resume stating job title and location in the subject line.
We look forward to working with you!
We appreciate your interest in Steelcraft but only those who possess the skillset we are seeking will be contacted.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.