Senior Buyer, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford-Cambridge
We have an exciting opportunity for Senior Buyer to join our growing business at our QCI Cambridge-Stratford facilities!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Senior Buyer to work with Steelcraft team members to ensure an uninterrupted supply of parts and material to support all QCI manufacturing locations. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of data integrity in the procurement system and support of effective planning of reduction goals and inventory targets as assigned by the Manager of Procurement. Alignment with the QCI Strategic Mission and its pillars is considered key to the role.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Post secondary education in supply chain management and/or purchasing in a related field or equivalent experience
- PMAC designation as a Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) and/or APICS certification through the ASCM is an asset
- Proficient skills in the use of the MPR system, specifically Visual
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of purchasing and supply chain methodologies
- Knowledge of welding, machining & fabrication manufacturing
- Ability to influence without authority; must have the ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, and assist the organization in implementing change
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day release of materials to support production of direct and indirect material
- Communicate with production to support the requirements an assign priorities to material movements and follow up
- Coordination of estimating models in support of our quotation process on projects
- Order and schedule steel for production requirements
- Responsible for managing Request for Proposal/Request for Quote process for material and of outsourcing requisitions
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices for materials, services, and miscellaneous expenses
- Manages and maintains inventory accuracy targets and goals for inventory reduction as assigned to meet corporate goals of cost reduction and working capital targets.