Project Leader, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for Project Leader to join our growing business at our QCI Division Stratford facilities!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a Project Leader to work with Steelcraft team members to design activities within the scope of a given work order which transforms customer technical information into information which manufacturing can use to produce a product meeting all customer requirements. This position is also works with manufacturing and sales/estimating to maximize quality and profitability for each project. The role works in close collaboration with Sales, Estimating, Production and Engineering Management.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Post secondary education in Engineering (preferred)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Review all customer specifications to ensure compliance on all issues and create drawings and calculations for customer approval. If the customer has supplied drawings, the project supervisor will review the drawings for conformance to applicable standards as well as for manufacturability for machining, forming, welding and assembly.
- Reviews design with sales and estimating to determine any changes from the original quotation
- Communicates with customer technical representative to finalize design
- Create all shop files, assembly drawings and design calculations prior to job release and submission to applicable regulatory bodies.
- Enter all required information for purchasing and manufacturing into Visual
- Schedules and organizes job release meetings
- Update internal schedule weekly for review of projects and timelines for completion
- Available for assistance during manufacturing stages. Review progress of manufacturing with scheduler and shop foreman
- Responsible for scheduling "lessons learned" meeting after shipment
- Responsible for documentation required for engineering file
- Ensure conformance to Steelcraft ISO, ASME/PED policies and procedures for own projects
- Communicates technical requirements to suppliers and subcontractors
- There is little physical effort and fatigue. Walks, stands, lifts small objects and tools, and/or operates keyboard equipment for long durations. As manufacturing questions arise and require engineering input, surveying of component status with a heavy manufacturing environment is required (ie. examining components inside new vessels).
- Located in a comfortable office. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and of short duration
- Regular need to attend and decipher sensory input that requires diligence and attention to interpret effectively. This is typical because data is technical in nature.
- There is continuous pressure from deadlines, accuracy and similar demands. Also, unpleasant interpersonal contacts or concerns about unpleasant solutions are probable.
Steelcraft Inc. welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the hiring process upon request.