Weld Inspector Level 1/2, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for Weld Inspector Level 1/2 to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
The Quality Weld Technician is responsible for the overall compliance of the Company’s Welding procedures and processes. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the Welders have the appropriate certification and training to conduct work on the required specification of the job. A key part of this position is to ensure that the Company maintains all certifications such as CWB, AWS and to advise of any issues.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Inspects welded joints and conducts tests to ensure welds meet company standards, national code requirements, and customer job specifications. (CWB Supervisor Certification required / CWB Level 1or 2 Inspector Certification preferred)
- Perform in process and final inspection of parts and assemblies.
- Review drawing details and ensure that the specifications are understood and translated to the shop floor.
- Assist in training / testing of welders on new and old weld procedures per specific part requirements
- Communicate with all required individuals on quality, welding, and processes issues.
- Participate in the design & validation welding fixtures and jigs to improve efficiency and productivity within the production and fabrication process.
- Responsible for CWB, AWS and audits.
- Prepare weld test samples
- Carry out receiving inspection on new / problem product rand recommend additions and deletions from the receiving inspection list.
- Maintain Material Certs and Traceability records
- Submit C of C’s (certificates of conformance) to customers.
- Filing, preserving, disposing of various Quality Records.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process including feasibility reviews, designation of KPC’s, KCC’s, dimensional evaluation of parts, compiling PPAP and First Article documentation and submission to customer.
- Interact with customers and suppliers as required to carry out requirements and expectations.
- Champion customer and internal corrective and preventive actions.
- Coordinate and participate in Gauge Accuracy, Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies.
- Train operators to perform in-process inspections on new parts as required.
- Records inspection and test results and prepares and submits reports to Quality Manager and Plant Manager.
- Collects and report out on key performance indicators including scrap, rework, customer and internal rejections.
- Carryout other tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager, Plant Manger, and Quality Supervisor
- Must meet the requirements of the Canadian Controlled Goods Security Assessment Application.
- Diploma in Welding Technician or Technologist or equivalent.
- CWB Supervisor Certification / CWB Level 1 or 2 Inspector Certification (preferred).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a medium / heavy fabrication environment.
- Practical and theoretical proficiency with; SMAW, GMAW, and GTAW processes.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 systems and ISO-9001 Quality Systems methods
- Working towards CQE designation would be an asset.
- Experience in problem solving techniques, Quality Systems, APQP, Statistical methods, Control Plans and PPAP’s.
- Excellent knowledge of welding methods, welding symbols and military standards
- Audit reporting and development.
- Excellent use of the Microsoft office suit and related computer skills
- Strong communication, organization, and problem solving skills. Must also be a team player who can build relationships with various groups yet work independently when required.
- Ability to influence