Ballistic Welder, Full Time
QCI Division - Stratford
We have an exciting opportunity for Ballistic Welders to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Stratford facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a skilled Welder-Fitters who will be able to weld structural steel and parts as per supplied drawings. The candidate will be able to weld in all positions, fits and assembles fabrications and parts as per customer specifications and quality standards who is mechanically inclined and enjoys hands-on work. The candidate should have past experience in a manufacturing environment and be physically fit, capable of lifting loads up to 50 lbs, and capable of working in awkward positions.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We are looking for skilled Ballistic Welders that are able to read detailed schematics or blueprints, Weld and Fit and Finish specific components and materials to meet customer requirements and specifications.
Your Skill Set:
- Ideally 3-5 years experience in Ballistic Welding
- Excellent reading and interpretation of all customer blueprints, schematics designs and weld symbols
- Strong Math Skills must be able to apply measuring and test equipment required for the job
- Ability to operate torch cutting, grinding equipment, and operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment
- Ability to pass all weld tests including AWS Weld Test (Flat/Horizontal Fillets & Groove) on a variety of selected
Steelcraft QCI Division is located in Stratford, Ontario. Known for its friendliness and numerous events, Stratford makes residents and newcomers feel welcome and an integral part of community life.
Why you should apply?
We value workplace health and safety
Company culture of learning and development
Health and RRSP Benefits
APPRENTICESHIP OPPORTUNITES TO EARN RED SEAL WELDER OR METAL FABRICATOR (FITTER) certifications