Welder, Full Time
QCI Division - Woodstock
We have an exciting opportunity for Welder-Fitters to join our growing business on the afternoon shift at our QCI Woodstock facility!
Why Work At Steelcraft?
Steelcraft is a growing Canadian metal fabrication company whose success has been built on positive collaboration between our customers, our employees, and our management team. We understand that investing in the growth and development of our employees produces a happy, highly-engaged workforce that is willing to go above-and-beyond for our customers. We also understand that our company's success is dependent upon the creativity and decision-making skills of employees at all levels, and we encourage brainstorming and collaboration when approaching any new business or production challenge.
- Competitive Salaries
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- RRSP-Matching Programs
- Safe Working Environment
- Shift Premiums Where Applicable
- Travel and/or Vehicle Allowance Where Applicable
- Tuition Reimbursement Where Applicable
What We Are Looking for in a Candidate
We are looking for a skilled Welder-Fitters who will be able to weld structural steel and parts as per supplied drawings. The candidate will be able to weld in all positions, fits and assembles fabrications and parts as per customer specifications and quality standards.who is mechanically inclined and enjoys hands-on work. The candidate should have past experience in a manufacturing environment and be physically fit, capable of lifting loads up to 50 lbs, and capable of working in awkward positions.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- You have a variety of welding experience and would be able to pass a weld test;
- You are proficient at one or more of the following processes: stainless steel/carbon, Mig, Tig, Stick, Flux Core and Sub Arc welding
- You can read weld symbols, complex drawings, do layouts, fittings and assembly for complex fabrications and parts;
- You can do layout, fitup checks and stock checks;
- You have experience with welding equipment and can make weldments with or without prefabricated parts;
- You are precise and value a quality finished product.